Across nigeria, We Are United in Our Dedication to our call to duty
Who We Are
The Guild of Medical Directors is a body of owners of private hospitals in Nigeria and collectively we are responsible for the management of about 70% of the healthcare needs of Nigerians.
The Abuja FCT chapter floated the GMD Welfare fund in the wake of the effects of COVID-19’s effects on healthcare workers who are essentially frontline workers in the face of the raging epidemic.
about the fund
THE GMD WELFARE FUND
The GMD Welfare Fund is a GMD Social Fund for prevention of Covid-19 among members, and as well as care of eligible members who become infected with Covid-19. The fund was set up in memory of the Late Professor Lawson who died due to COVID-19 complications.
The benefits of the GMD Welfare Fund shall be three pronged:
Support of GMD members to prevent infection.
Support treatment of eligible GMD members who become infected.
Support to family members in the event of an eligible member.
PREVENTION OF INFECTION AMONG ELIGIBLE MEMBERS:
1. Part of the fund will be applied to provide preventive gears to members at a highly subsidized price.
2. Part of the fund will also be applied in training members on infection prevention and control of COVID-19, if and when needed.
3. Part of the fund will be paid to a life insurance company as premium for each member.
TREATMENT OF ELIGIBLE MEMBERS:
An eligible member who becomes moderately to severely symptomatic with Covid 19 and requires hospital treatment will have the full payment for his/her treatment made from the welfare fund for his/her treatment in an approved GMD member hospital.
SUPPORT TO FAMILY MEMBERS IN THE EVENT OF DEATH OF AN ELIGIBLE MEMBER.
- The sum of Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N 500,000.00) only will be contributed from the welfare fund to the family members towards burial expenses of any eligible member who answers the ultimate call due to Covid 19 infections.
- The Fund will facilitate the payment of death benefit by the insurance company to the family of an eligible member (Currently stands at the sum of Two Million Naira (N2,000,000.00 only).